Aug 19, 2007

Why not do something a little more useful??

As I was reading The Star (which was yesterday’s paper)…
I noticed this title.

What the heck?!

I know I shouldn’t be ‘sensitive’ about this issue but it’s just one of the things I find it very irritating. Why? Just take a look on the reasons presented by the people who wanted the concert to get cancelled.

This is crap

As I was walking around the shopping complex with my friend and we saw plenty of people ‘sinning’ almost everywhere. Behind the sheets of the clothes covering their hands and legs, almost too often I see men holding and caressing their girlfriends. I find it more disgusting than watching Gwen Stefani’s music video.

Another statement from the ‘unofficial’ guide to perform in Malaysia… A female artist must be covered from the top of her chest to her knees. No jumping, shouting or throwing of objects onstage or at the audience is allowed. Performers cannot hug or kiss, and their clothes cannot have obscene or drug-related images or messages.


Puteri Gunung Ledang

Hello, uncle… Ever watch Malaysian made movie called Puteri Gunung Ledang??
Don’t you think the clothes don’t match with the guide? Go watch the whole movie and you know what I mean.

Gwen Stefani
I don’t think these people should take it seriously as there are many more things which they can do for the sake of humanity. It is very selfish get things at their own way while depriving others to have fun. What made things look evil depends on the person’s own mind and perspective. It is his imagination that made something seems innocent to look evil. I bet this guy has more experience in seeing obscene things compare to me.

3 comments:

Tine said...

I was fuming when I read that article too. I'm not going to the concert, but I know of a lot of people who are.

Those people who come up with such statements are self-righteous hypocrites. What a load of bullshit. Committing sins? Why not close down ALL pubs in the whole of Malaysia? Shut down all hotels?

Visit Malaysia year, my ass.

Anonymous said...

I too was fuming reading the article. Nonsense lar..come on lar..get drunk and commit sins? He must have been done 'that' so he try to stop d concert gua..SELFISH!!!!
Go move to CAVE & lock urself in lar if cannot stand the whole thing!!!

cibol said...

nothing to say ma these people .. propaganda only .. not to insult la but if you see out there, sapa yang buat?