Mar 4, 2008

You Want It Test?

....................................................................................................


Undio Noh Edwin @ Jack Bosi
Freak Out!!!
Vote For Change
Just Change It!!!





.......................................................................................................

What is happening to our hospitality/service industry, I am not talking about our 5-star hotel or restaurant, how to afford? With all the +++++…pengsan me.. I am talking about those glutton courts and the supermarkets are not spared. What used to be an easy order for food, in exactly the way you like it, either in Cantonese, Hokkien, Hakka, BM or all mix with a bit of maglish is easily understood. Nowadays ordering food in these places is an effort, you may not get what you want. I can’t blame the proprietor, with the cost of material so high and threats from authority that they can’t raise the price ‘unreasonably’, plus stiff competition, just to earn a decent living…ijo yo…, foreign worker is the only solution.

Even supermarket is not spared.
The other day, in a supermarket, I took an electric mixer from its shelf and approached a well dressed staff to ask its price. The only words he knew was: ‘you want it test?’ I tried BM with him, again he said, ‘you want it test?’ I asked him in all local lingual, what language does he speak, again: ‘you want it test?’ I gave up, and since he was so keen in testing, I let him. After he promptly did all that, I returned the mixer to its shelf.

It has become a vicious cycle, everyone of us is affected, mine is just minor inconvenience now, that may turn ugly in long term. Imagine, lost of jobs to locals, influx of you know what-kind-of-workers. We had pep talks from our leaders with resolute determination, what happen? My guess is, nothing will happen any sooner or ever with this bunch.

One of these day you may order this



You may get this?




This?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Or maybe this.



No comments: