Jun 9, 2008

Life is a gift

Door gifts during a wedding
I was reading up my blog back from 2005 till now randomly. It was like reading back my life that I may have forgotten or the memories that I want to hold on dearly. For the past week, I intend to write a little more as I just got a few good news. How ironic that that most of us would usually write things (faster) on the negative things that happened in our life instead of the positive ones.
Well, there are 2 that I'm really happy about. :)
1. My brother has stopped his medication on diabetes as the doctor said there's no sign on his last checkup. The only thing that he needs to reduce is his cholesterol. Way to go, bro! I watched the turmoil he had been through and it did break my heart to see him so sulky and depressive.
2. I'll be going to Sydney to join the World Youth Day as a volunteer. It'll be another exciting trip of the year since I last travelled overseas. (Am thinking of doing it yearly). At least, it'll be out of my daily routine in and out of work.
It's such a nice day today... No work hehehe...

6 comments:

Tine said...

Brilliant! When will you be going to Sydney? Any chances of stopping by Melbourne? ;)

Kimmy said...

Will be going on the 10th to the 21st July. Won't be able to make it to Melbourne this time :( because of time and $$ constraints. But I might be planning to go there, hopefully next year.

beetrice said...

Wah...Sydney summore...have a blast girl!

william wang said...

Yeah kim, glen able to stop his diabetic medication, cos he is able to maintain his blood sugar low enough, through excercise and other activities. This needs discipline, he must have the courage to keep on doing it.

alexander lee said...

cool Kim....bet you'll find it a rewarding experience with other youths, the presence of the Pope and the volunteer spirit within too. all the best for the trip.

Janice Stone said...

Self control on diets is a super tough job for me. =.=
He needs lots of support.

The gifts are very familiar, I believe you still keep them well. We actually found a lot left behind or thrown. How sad~