Aug 11, 2008

Books for Thought


It's been a while I haven't been tagged to do this memes. I guess it was the time when I really didn't have the time to blog at all and it was all about work work work. Well, I still have some assignment to do, but what the heck.
From my cuzzy bookworm, Tine... I shall accept the memes challenge :-P
Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
When I was a kid, my mum brought a large picture book from our town library.
I couldn't remember what title was it but it's something do with one of those Disney fairy tales.
When my mum got tired of reading, i begged her to continue. Instead of continuing, she told me that I should learn how to read if I want to know what's the story like on the next page.
The moment i manage to figure out how to read, I got extremely excited to be able to to read on my own.
.
What are some books you read as a child?
Story books written by Enid Blyton given by my aunts and uncles for christmas and birthdays. Fairy tales by Hans Christian Anderson.They were lovely.
.
What is your favourite genre?
None in particular. It depends on the mood. Sometimes when I go to a bookstore, I just read the synopsis and if it's interesting, I may have just take it and give it a try. Then, most probably I'll promote it to my close friends and colleagues.
.
Do you have a favourite novel?
None in particular yet.
.
Where do you usually read?
On my bed when I'm at home or on the rocking chair when I visit my grandma in Seremban.
.
When do you usually read?
Anytime except when I'm working or having outdoor activities with friends.
.
Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
No. I rarely have that much luxury ever since I started working.
.
Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
Most probably yes. I take nonfiction a little more serious and thinking compare to fiction. Usually I would skip a few sentence or a page in a fiction book.
.
Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?
Before I actually earn my own money, i usually borrow books from the library.
Now, I buy them as it is tax deductable... hee hee
.
Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them?
Yes, I keep them.
So far, I haven't donated any. Unless if my parent's donate/sell them behind my back or my brother assumed that I donate some of the books to him.
.
If you have children, what are some of the favourite books you have shared with them? Were they some of the same ones you read as a child?
My very first book given by my parents was The Magic Penny from the Puddle Lane Books and love to share my kids with all the books I've collected like the ones written by Enid Blyton and Judy Blume.
.
What are you reading now?
The Colour of Water by James McBride.
.
Do you keep a TBR(to be read) list?
Nope. I might lose out all the other interesting books that comes in.
.
What's next?
Companions of Christ by Margaret Silf - It's more like a spiritual exercise instead of a novel.
.
What books would you like to reread?
Whenever I go back home in Tuaran, I would always reread some of my old fairy tale books my parents, aunts, uncles and friends that gave me.
.
Who are you favourite authors?
None in particular.
.
I want to tag to thee :)

5 comments:

Tine said...

Hey thanks for doing the tag :)

PS: I bought books in M'sia cos it was tax deductible too :D

CarolPD said...

hi Kim,
Wah thats a lot of questions la..
can i answer one by one in your blog or not? hehe

Kimmy said...

tine: Your welcome.

carolpd: cannot lar... in your blog can la.

Annie said...

Hi, Kim

Among all your posts,I love this one very much. I always wonder wat made you love to read so much!!!You are the one who motivated and inspired me to read the books. =D

Kimmy said...

Annie: I'm touched :) Glad to encourage you to read hehe. It's a real personal treasure.