Oct 2, 2008

Chicken Shit Flower

Lantana Camara aka Bunga Tahi Ayam
****
Years back when I was almost finishing my final year in uni, my friend and I were debating about this particular flower called Bunga Tahi Ayam(Chicken Shit Flower) known as Lantana Camara as its scientific name. I never surrendered to him that these beautiful flowers were called as a 'foul smelling type'. I couldn't even believe it smelt bad anyway.
But recently, I came across this bunch of flowers again and took a few photos of it because of its attactive colours. Only then, I remembered back that debate again.
Itching to know the true name of this flower, i typed it down in Malay. As expected, the my friend was correct. Darn, I hate to admit that he's correct. What more to see his face saying, "I told you so."
Finally, I have to admit defeat...

2 comments:

Gallivanter said...

Oh yes, the dreaded Bunga Tahi Ayam, the person who named it must be shot!

fiona said...

It doesn't look like the bunga tahi ayam that I know..haha. Maybe tak sama spesis but same genus/famili etc..I forgot the biology naming hierarchy already..haha