Jan 3, 2009

Rear Seat Belts *Exempted*


With effect from 1st Jan 2009, all cars must be fitted with rear seat belts.
Since my car has none of it, I went to one of the Perodua service stations to have my rear seat belts installed(at the same time having my car serviced hehe).
To my surprise, my had had been exempted from installing the rear seat belt because it doesn't have an anchorage point. You can check it from here to get the descriptions by Perodua.
I find it rather strange because my mum's car got rear seatbelts and she bought it before 1995 which is more than 5 years after I got my car.
But, from a selfish point of view >:)
1. I don't have to carry so many people into my car.
2. I don't have to worry of getting caught by the police if someone didn't want to listen to me to use the rear seatbelt.
3. It's so cool saying, "Be my passenger at your own risk".

No comments: