Feb 13, 2009

That furry little thing

I was warned before I start weeding around the garden of Xavier Hall.
There was a furry yellow fella moving around on the little white flower bush.
It only had a big black eye to look at you.

It sounded scary and I felt excited to know what was it.
Could it be a one-eyed chick? A bug?
Or just a miniature statue my friend had placed in the garden.
I pondered more.

I remembered back what I saw among the bush of little white flowers.
The bush seem to be dying.
As if it was infested with a disease.

Looking closer to the plant,
there was a little furry animal resting on the bush,
among the greener parts that didn't look diseased.
Alas it was a caterpillar!

Ugh, I felt I should kill it before it killed the plant.
Yet, I was told that it was to cute to die.
Lucky little critter. That yellow furry pest.
Your life is spared.

2 comments:

mel said...

don't kill the caterpillars, kim! they're cute baby flutterbyes ...

CaroL Magdalene said...

at least the presence is being noticed:)