Jul 9, 2011

Bersih 2.0



"Our reason for gathering is pure and simple – to demand the electoral roll be cleaned, that the postal voting system be reformed, that indelible ink be used, a minimum 21 day campaign period be instated, free and fair access to media for all be provided, public institutions be strengthened, and for corruption as well as dirty politics to be stopped." - bersih.org

It was Wednesday when the police had started to place a road block in front of the LDP toll. It was unnerving and also unreasonable to block during the office hours when everyone tried to get to work on time. I couldn't understand what they were trying to do or to look for.

Tonight, KL was closed down in order to prevent a rally called Bersih (clean) to have a peaceful gathering in Stadium Merdeka. The participants had agreed to have the demonstration I. The stadium to avoid any disruption in the city but somehow the government themselves created something more disruptive than what I imagined. Tonight, many of my friends complained the jam created by the roadblocks...I too was one of the victims when I drove my way home from work. It was a dread, but at least I'm quite happy that the rally will be initiated soon. Also to open our eyes how much power the government is misusing their power to stop this. I hope majority of us would open our eyes more one how we're being treated as citizens in this country.

1 comment:

William Wang said...

Intimitation, disruptive, inconvenience and mental torture are the culture of our home ministry.